Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.6.2 Patch 4 - In The Bag

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Hello, Engineers!
    This week we have a nice variety of changes, large grids now have their subparts' physics disabled when they become dynamic to prevent them from flying off, the smelting quest now informs you how to find small stones from dirt, and various under-the-hood fixes to prevent the ghost issue. We tweaked the light colour of the torch light so it is a little less yellow, and we now spawn all of the inventory contents of a block when it is destroyed, rather than just the first one. This includes the resources used for any on-going crafting process when the block is destroyed.
    Enjoy the update!

ME_Thumbnails_0624_v5_brighter_nice_texts.jpg

General Changes:
    - Destroying a crafting station or object with multiple inventories now puts the contents of all the inventories into the lootbag, rather than just the first inventory.
    - Large Grids should no longer start floating if they are damaged and have a lot of subparts.
    - Improved character death event time-out handling to reduce the amount of ghost issues.
    - Updated the parallel workers to prevent an issue where they would lose their work.
    - Respawn time counter now correctly starts counting from 5 seconds.
    - The player screen now displays the number of connected players.
    - Enabling admin mode now removes all fast travel restrictions.
    - Smelting quest now informs players how to get small stones.
    - Updated the torch light to be a little less yellow.

Crash Fixes:
    - Fixed a multiplayer crash when a character starts moving before the game has finished loading.

Enjoy,
    Keen Software House team

Medieval Engineers 0.6.2.9380CF:
    - Fixed a crash on the server when a player connects a rope to a block that is being deleted.
    - Fixed a crash when blueprints and larger blocks are placed in the world.
    - Fixed a bug in the weaving quest.

Medieval Engineers 0.6.2.17A353:
    - More tweaks to death handling; we will solve the ghost issue! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

YUUUUSSS

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cetric Junior Engineer

As always, all the disturbing whirlwinds of SE updates remain unnoticed in the cozy straightforward world of Medieval Engineers. As if it was another planet. :) Neatly reflects the fact in those times the world was in perfect order, mostly, if you didn't happen to stand in the way of some sword wielding barbarian or your abusive lord.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thales M. Junior Engineer

Thank you.:tu:

5. Adam Spencer Trainee Engineer

Thanks Keen!

Any update on a dedicated server updater please? Having to copy 5gb+ every tuesday is a bit much :)

6. Deepflame ME Director Staff

I think most people just set up SteamCMD somehow. I don't actually know the details, but this will let you download the update straight from Steam.

7. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

HAHAAAA! NOTHING AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME NOW!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. BloodThunder Trainee Engineer

Ty for moar updates!

9. dills0n Trainee Engineer

Thanks! I assume the ghosting issues are what caused me to lose my possessions after dying and not choosing a new start or respawn. I think I might start a new character now. I had just spent several days unlocking everything and building a nice little wooden & stone castle...

10. Deepflame ME Director Staff

If you browse to %appdata%\MedievalEngineers\Saves\<the folder with the big number>\your latest save\Players and open the .player file in there with a text editor like notepad, then find your Health stat and change Value from 0 to 1, save the file, you should be able to load your save again. :)
    --- Automerge ---
    Medieval Engineers 0.6.2.9380CF:
    - Fixed a crash on the server when a player connects a rope to a block that is being deleted.
    - Fixed a crash when blueprints and larger blocks are placed in the world.
    - Fixed a bug in the weaving quest.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Adam Spencer Trainee Engineer

Are there any plans for a updater for the DS program or perhaps a separate Steam downloader for the server program? I have lots of great ideas but it would be nice to hear that you have some changes to this effect in the pipeline.

Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Noirdrath Trainee Engineer

I would really like instruction on how to update the server to the latest release using SteamCMD.

Currently I am logging on as anonymous and doing "app_update 367970", and so far It says the server is updated, However when trying to logon to the server I get the error:

"Server has different version of the game. Your version: 0.6.2.9666767; Server version: 624303772; You can change the branch, before launching the game, in game properties."

13. Adam Spencer Trainee Engineer

The reason you get that is because you have updated your game but the DS client is running the old version. You need to copy the content and DedicatedServer folder across and overwrite. This is why it's such a pain updating the server on a standalone install.

Keen please listen! :)

14. Deepflame ME Director Staff

Medieval Engineers 0.6.2.17A353:
    - More tweaks to death handling; we will solve the ghost issue! :)

15. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

I just tried downloading a server with SteamCMD and ran it. It matched the public version just fine.

Two things to check.
    1. Did you shut down the DS before updating? If you didn't then the files won't be able to update.
    2. I'm not sure which server(s) SteamCMD uses to download but sometimes the updates seem to take longer to come through than the client.

If you are running the DS as a service, sometimes the service will not update from the files. We have no idea why but it is pretty rare (like 1 time out of 50). What we do to fix it is:
    • Stop the DS
    • Remove the service (remember the name exactly for easy re-add)
    • Close the server selector, configurator, or anything else related to the server.
    • Run the update with validate option
    • After the update, start the selector, re-add the instance, and start it up.
    If that doesn't get it then there is some other problem.
    SteamCMD documentation is here https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD
    ME DS information is here http://www.medievalengineerswiki.com/index.php?title=Official_Content/Dedicated_Servers

He's literally using a different install method. Adam Spencer please read! :)

16. Vallion Trainee Engineer

Some torches don't emit light in multiplayer and my friends character has 0 life, can't interact with anything and can't die :(

17. Mirek Apprentice Engineer

Try this suggestion:
    It solves the Imortal with 0 health too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE \o/

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. wrandalljr4 Trainee Engineer

So the Ghost bug is still not fixed? :-(

20. wrandalljr4 Trainee Engineer

Yes the 0 to 1 health fix works. But now I do not get hungry no more.

21. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

22. Mirek Apprentice Engineer

Hmm looks like the problem is deeper. I have the same problem now. I dont get hungry, and my stamina doesnt move.

Iam hosting on local computer and getting the same issue.

23. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

The issue on gameservers is files from an older version of the game causing problems. I'm not sure if you are running your ds as a console or service. if it's a service, try removing the service before updating and re-add it after. Always shut down the DS before updating so there are no files in use.

If you are installing through copy and paste, always remove the folder before copying the new one. If you are using SteamCMD, try the validate option.

For anyone reading, check out http://www.medievalengineerswiki.com/index.php?title=Official_Content/Dedicated_Server_Configuration for all things dedicated server

24. Mirek Apprentice Engineer

i said iam hosting on Ioal computer so no console no service no steamcmd just run the game from steam library, load the world and invite players (my wife and my brother) :)
    I do not do any updates, steam does updates for me.

25. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

Sorry, I misunderstood. You're running the client in host mode.

Deepflame is asking me to get some log information from you and a copy of your save. I don't want to clutter the update post with logs though. Can you make a new post in bug reports or drop those items in my inbox?

Sorry again for the misunderstanding. I've been reading a LOT of dedicated server logs lately...

26. Mirek Apprentice Engineer

ok ill do it when i come home from work.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.