Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.6.2 Patch 7 - Minor Update

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Administrator

Hello, Engineers!
    This week we've optimized the memory use when buildings are collapsing, which also helps the performance on servers a little bit for small destruction cases. We tackled many of the edge cases causing foliage to 'blink', these were caused by minor slowdowns causing them to skip a frame, this made the foliage disappear for one frame which looked like they were blinking. We also enabled Structural Integrity view in Creative Multiplayer, and we updated the advanced weapons quest, it now has a proper notification and also accepts iron and steel crossbows. Finally, on the modding side of things, we have repaired the parallel interface in the ModAPI, so you modders out there can write code that runs parallel too.

Enjoy the update!

0.6.2._patch_7_thumb.jpg

General Changes:
    - Updated server-side handling of broken blocks to reduce memory footprint.
    - Resolved many edge cases causing foliage to blink while flying around the world.
    - Enabled Structural Integrity view for Creative multiplayer.
    - Updated the advanced weapons quest in the military tech tree.

Crash Fixes:
    -
    Fixed a rare crash that occasionally prevented dedicated servers from starting up.

Modding Changes:
    - Restored parallel interface for ModAPI.

Thanks,
    Keen Software House team

• Like Like x 8
  2. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

YUS UPDATE \o/

3. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Thanks Keen, it seems like it's safe again to play survival! Maybe I'll even find the courage to play on a public server.

4. edjon2000uk Trainee Engineer

Hello to the Keen Software Developers,

I have literally just started playing this game over the past week or two and am really enjoying myself.

Quick question, have you updated the patch notes in-game yet because, in-game it is showing as 0.6.2 Patch 6 - Minor Update dated 20.02.2018 even though steam is showing a download today (27.02.2018) of about 5.6MB, the version number at the bottom-right of the screen is 0.6.2.344805, does that mean that I do, in fact, have the latest update.

Just to double-check I did verify the integrity of the game files on steam and that seemed ok.

Keep up the great work :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  5. Deepflame ME Director Staff

Oops, thanks for the heads-up. :) I forgot to set it to public.

6. edjon2000uk Trainee Engineer

Thank's for your reply, glad I could help

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.