Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.6.3 Patch 3 - Minor Update

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Hello, Engineers!
    This update we focused on some of the problems occasionally experienced in the multiplayer. We identified some scenarios that were causing grids to behave erratically on clients, even though they were behaving smoothly on the server. Now their synchronization is much better. We also improved Watchdog's logging by removing barbarians and reporting trespassers.

We also resolved an issue that sometimes prevented the game from downloading updates for mods correctly, the area highlight when building now changes color to match diplomatic status and some localization was updated. Finally, we tweaked a bunch of animations to be less stiff and we've fixed the hand crank so that if you look away while you're cranking it it will continue cranking as long as you hold the use key and don't walk away too far.
    Enjoy the update!

0.6.3.3_minor_update_thumbnail.jpg

Multiplayer changes:
    - Grid physics now correctly goes to resting state on clients, improving performance near dynamic grids.
    - Admins can now set max players from within the game while connected to DS.
    - Watchdog now outputs trespassing correctly on dedicated servers.
    - Watchdog no longer observes Barbarians taking damage.
    - Improved synchronization of dynamic grids.
    - Improved synchronization of ropes.

General changes:
    - The game now correctly detects and downloads updated mods correctly.
    - Projectiles now remain visible as they fly away from siege equipment.
    - Area highlight now changes color when diplomatic changes occur.
    - The hand crank will continue to rotate while holding the use key.
    - Projectiles now create a small dust cloud upon impact.
    - Updated the description on some broken tools.
    - Updated localization on Supply Cart quest.
    - Owned mods are now always available.
    - Updated the old default blueprints.

Animation changes:
    - Polished animations for walking, mining, cutting trees and plowing.
    - Polished animation for attacking as a female engineer.
    - Polished animation for 2 handed idle and walking.
    - Polished animation for swinging hammers.
    - Polished animation for rope tool.

Medieval Engineers 0.6.3.9FC328:
    - Fixed an idle animation problem for the female engineer while holding a torch.
    - Fixed a crash in watchdog.
    - Fixed a crash in player name rendering.

Thanks,
    Keen Software House team

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

me me me me me me, and to Ed Frost:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

I think he forgot that it's Tuesday!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

i'm sending someone over to Ed's house to check on him now... unless he is still in CZ party mode?

5. Thales M. Junior Engineer

:tu:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Oooooh! I've been waiting for some of these! The crank thing should be especially useful. How many times have I accidentally taken away parts of my contraptions while cranking the crank just because I didn't look exactly at it... (However, I still think having two separate buttons for using and taking would be the best solution for this and similar issues)

7. Deepflame ME Director Staff

We don't want to introduce two separate interaction buttons, it adds to the otherwise already large array of key bindings that people have to memorize, it's better to try to keep it simple. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

You could make an option for it, so players can decide for themselves, what is "too much to memorize". ;) :D
    I really hate when i remove important part of something just because I was not aiming precisely enough.

9. Deepflame ME Director Staff

Hence why we changed it so this doesn't happen so easily anymore. :p

10. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

/Shrug
    Forgot it indeed, i need to get my biological calendar fixed >.>

• Like Like x 1
  11. Deepflame ME Director Staff

Medieval Engineers 0.6.3.9FC328:
    - Fixed an idle animation problem for the female engineer while holding a torch.
    - Fixed a crash in watchdog.
    - Fixed a crash in player name rendering.

12. Ljorius Trainee Engineer

did you something else change??
    because, today when i checked the map, a lot of places have now trees in the house, in other words, nature has taken back its place but in a weird way. a lot of buildings now have trees inside them, which go through many floors, ceilings etc.

13. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Oi... Its tuesday... I think.... Checks calendar yup... It checks out....
    So... That means....
    UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEE \O/

14. Deepflame ME Director Staff

Oh Ed, you haven't been keeping up with the changes.. :p
    We no longer do weekly releases because we're dedicating more time to QA which prevents us from doing releases on a weekly basis. The entire QA checklist is more than a week of work. :)

15. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

>_> demmit.... T_T ill keep shouting it weekly though... <_< since any day it could be update day :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Tenzo Apprentice Engineer

Hi,

I am requesting a beta branch of the state of the game before the update "A Player Reborn", where you changed the wooden floors, the wooden foundations, and every other instance in blocks where wood is used.

You said "Next, the wooden floor and the wooden railings have been updated. The new railings are at a much more reasonable height, and the new floors fit much better with all of the new wood textures that have been introduced in 0.6 so far."

Wrong! The new floorboards, the new planks, are *horrendous*. You have completely destroyed the joy I had from playing the game. You couldn't leave the old versions in? What would that have cost you? Nothing.

Now I am forced to choose between game versions, and what's the worst part about that is, you don't even give players an option to revert to a version that was in the Christmas state, where we had the log walls to play with.

All there is as a backup is version 0.6.1_patch_03. (There are no log walls in that version and it has the foliage bug where everything flickers when you run. Not exactly an ideal version to have as a legacy branch.)

That is the latest version that Steam has under the beta branch category, other than "last week" and a "pre-hotfix", which are all versions after Player Reborn.

There is NOTHING I can change back to in order to get my game back to the way it used to look, before you completely overwrote the wood textures. (Yes, I found the change notes.)

It's unbelievable. I take a break from the game for a few weeks and play some Space Engineers, and *this* happens. I didn't even have my own backup before Steam overwrote the version I did have......:(

I can't even play the game I bought at Christmas, with all the structures I made on that holiday looking the way they did. Everything is overwritten. :(

This is even worse than when you removed freeform compound building and called it intuitive compound building. At least all the structures kept the same look.

Why no legacy option? You have versions in the Steam beta branch no one would ever use; they are full of bugs and with a wide disparity in block sets (no log walls). Why not an *actual* version that makes sense for it to be there? You change all the wood, and don't offer players a version to revert to before you did so? Would be kind of nice/friendly to do so, don't you think?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

@Tenzo , been there done that - you have that same thing where i got mad at the chef still cooking in the kitchen... its an angry rant that makes you look weak, i would delete it or at least move it to another thread. i would never ever imagine playing an early access game and bitching about not being able to play a 5 month old game version. bad post. walk it off.

19. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

It just so happens that the old floor textures are still in the block sheet atlas for now. I'm making a mod with the old floor models to take advantage of that. It's complete except that the large round floor isn't working. I have a few things left to try but if I can't get it to work then I'll release the mod without that block for now. The three other floor blocks seem to work fine.
    --- Automerge ---
    Mod Complete. It has LOD problems but it works.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1398344846

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Cetric Junior Engineer

Let's see if Tenzo reacts on that friendly move of Cpt Twinkie at all.

21. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

I can understand not being happy with changes. Especially when those changes are stark and incomplete. Being upset over it is a waste of time though. Provide feedback or wait to see how it works out. "development...its what happens to games" ~Tompul

22. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

I think its tuesday.... So... _possible_ UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT \O/

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.