Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.6.3 Patch 4 - Minor Update

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Hello, Engineers!
    With the EU's new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we had to implement some changes of our own as well. Primarily, this revolves around the crash log reporting, as the game isn't tracking any personal data otherwise, so we updated our crash reporting screen to make it clear what exactly the log contains, what we do with it, as well as give it a nice graphical overhaul.
    The updated Privacy Policy can be found here: http://mirror.keenswh.com/policy/KSWH_Privacy_Policy.pdf

In addition to that, we fixed a crash, tweaked some animations, and updated some texts. We also addressed an issue where the map would open and close repeatedly; we found out that it was caused by Barbarians trying to read the treasure map in their loot.
    Enjoy the update!

0.6.3.4_thumb_minor_v3_best.jpg

GDPR Changes:
    - The crash reporting screen was updated to reflect requirements from the GDPR.

General changes:
    - Font size for cardinal directions on the font is slightly reduced for readability.
    - Resolved a rare crash when mechanical blocks started animating again.
    - Inventory size multiplier no longer affects inventory block mass.
    - Character suits correctly randomize color on first creation.
    - Told Barbarians to stop trying to read maps.
    - Updated the descriptions for several quests.
    - Updated the text for several tools.
    - Various animations were tweaked.
    - Cleaned up some memory leaks.

Thanks,
    Keen Software House team

Medieval Engineers 0.6.3.836C74:
    - Fixed crash reporter not reporting crashes because it crashed. :)
    - Spectator camera now assumes control when you switch through items in the medieval master screen.
    - Sweet bread, linseed oil, palmtree branches, clay jars, roof tiles, and the palm tree log can now be used to pay taxes at the claimblock.
    - Plugged another memory leak.

Medieval Engineers 0.6.3.BB14BD:
    - Reduced memory use on DS by tweaking character stat synchronization.
    - Fixed a crash when DS is restarting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  2. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, I'm first! Um umm ummm

yEEEy

Am... am I doing this right
    --- Automerge ---
    Also, what the crap

3. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

yay update \o/

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thiago Trainee Engineer

My city in a oficial post! A great honor to Isengard house.:pbjt:

5. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

Barbarians trying to read maps?
    ADVANCED AI CONFIRMED!!!!1!!
    Now where did I park that hype carriage...

6. MinasTirithBuilder Trainee Engineer

7. gesp_shad Apprentice Engineer

8. mathias casaer Trainee Engineer

:stare: :pbjt:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  9. Bumber Senior Engineer

Good thing the crash acted as a fail-safe, or else the entire internet could've been burned and pillaged by now!

10. Cetric Junior Engineer

Now we only have to enforce EU data regulations on them Barbarians!
    Notorious trespassers and bullies, I don't think they can be impressed by paperwork, though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

....they're.......learning.....
    O.O
    quickly quickly wipe their memory before they become self aware.
    or....don't im sure google will peak an interest. ^^

12. Deepflame ME Director Staff

Medieval Engineers 0.6.3.836C74:
    - Fixed crash reporter not reporting crashes because it crashed. :)
    - Spectator camera now assumes control when you switch through items in the medieval master screen.
    - Sweet bread, linseed oil, palmtree branches, clay jars, roof tiles, and the palm tree log can now be used to pay taxes at the claimblock.
    - Plugged another memory leak.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

i want to play a game where i am the barbarian with a treasure map... discuss.

one of my weapons is a memory leak sword. i am guessing at the end the treasure would be a reformat of the host drive? i am a digital barbarian and i crush you all...

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. boromir Apprentice Engineer

A memory leak's worst nightmare, while it runs around avoiding every pointer - especially the dangling ones, is the null device. But the word on the wire is there are rainbows and unicorns in there.

15. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

TUUUUESDAAAAAY \O/

16. Deepflame ME Director Staff

Medieval Engineers 0.6.3.BB14BD:
    - Reduced memory use on DS by tweaking character stat synchronization.
    - Fixed a crash when DS is restarting.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Grandpa Canuck Trainee Engineer

An update...Yippy!!!!

Any update is a good update.

Thanks

ps: I still miss the videos for the updates and the community spotlights on builds and mods.

18. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

to keep my hope alive, could Keen toss me a date this summer you think a major release update is pending? plus or minus a week or two is fine, i'm just fading away now... i think the barbarians reading maps are having more fun! i'm positive here please don't misunderstand the push but its time... its time to build my summer castles again! last year we had a fun spike in interest, looking for that again!

19. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

0.6.4 Soon™

I can't really say more than that. These things take time and I'd rather be late on a release than mess it up :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Thales M. Junior Engineer

Saves will be complatible, right?

21. gesp_shad Apprentice Engineer

Best.Update.Ever. :woot:

22. MaxIlyich(RUS) Trainee Engineer

Hello again. And I apologize again for my English. And me again with the same request, add the mechanics of wind that you could do all sorts of mechanisms on wind-powered. I ask you to please people very much. Question. And when the game will be gunpowder, guns, explosions?. Mods don't count.

• Late Late x 1
  23. Thales M. Junior Engineer

Wind power were added with mechanical blocks. Physic based windpower which affects small blocks would be too complex for CPU. Also there is water on the queue first(!) if that much complex overhaul ever re-considered.

24. Cetric Junior Engineer

You get that everywhere else, don't you? So don't spoil our game with that.
    The day ME isn't medieval anymore, I'd have to say good-bye. :(
    Could still be you get what you like in a future product. Someone else has been mentioning 'colonial engineer' or something.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. Thales M. Junior Engineer

I think primitive guns would be good. There were guns in late Medieval period. Imagine sounds of guns firing from walls.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  26. Cetric Junior Engineer

No thanks. Once we had gun powder, everyone would aim at blowing up things, why then build intricate siege towers and siege machinery if all you need is black powder for 'BOOOM'?
    I'd rather opt for bow and arrow implementation, that is more rewarding.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  27. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

And that was quite literally how the middle ages ended. The thing going BOOM being the Constantinople gun, and the thing getting blown up being the city wall of Constantinople.
    I can agree from personal experience. I've started using peaceman's bombard mod a week ago, and my craving for building trebbies has gone to about zero. Then again, this was all in creative, so I've not (yet) encountered the problems of actually building the cannon and acquiring the large amounts of gunpowder you need for a single shot.

I also agree on the bow and arrow part. That makes much fore sense during the early game. It does, however, require some tricky animating. And yew trees. And maybe an archery skill bar. Everyone can shoot a crossbow, but using a longbow requires years of practice. And I don't know if a skill bar would suit the game well.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Cetric Junior Engineer

Let me in this context remind of another favorite game of mine, "Mount and Blade Warband", which has a marvellous implementation of archery from ego view - and this since the beginning, 2010 (or even 2008 if we talk about the first version, without 'warband' in the name). With learning and mastering archery, as your character advances in skills. Also from horseback. Shooting with a bow requires so much more skill than using a crossbow... This is nicely shown there.

Not sure if we need a special tree for it, Yew is famous for English longbows, but only for those, while the rest of the world used other wood or a combination of some. The Hungarian short recurve bow has two sorts combined, and it is a horseman's bow by tradition.

By the way, talking about 'BOOOM' again, Turkish game studio Talesworld, who brought out M & B Warband, later published a sequel called M & B "with fire and sword" which was settled sometime in early 17th century in an East-European setting, including firearms and grenades. It did not have the success of the medieval-themed M & B, that is why the next game they will bring out will be placed back into medieval time, as M & B (2) "Bannerlord" (currently everyone is waiting for this). So I guess the audience does want the medieval setting without blackpowder stuff more than with it.
    Mods are the solution...

29. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

That depends on the audience. I, for instance, love early modern guns. I have played Blood&Gold:Caribbean!, which uses the M&B engine. It is a mixture between M&B and Sid Meiers: Pirates! and is set in the late 17th century Caribbean. One might think there would be an abundance of naval warfare in a pirate based game, but there is also a lot of landside warfare (and sieges) as well, and it's quite well implemented as well. There's also bows, and an archery skill, but you get bows and more importantly arrows only from fighting natives, so learning it is not too feasible. I usually ride towards the enemy, shoot my carabine, throw a few grenades, and return to my army to wait for the remaining foes.
    Also, wherever possible, I try to mod in muskets and other one-shot guns. Minecraft, Skyrim, ME - you name it.
    What I feel is that there's an abundance of first person RPG/adventure games with bows and arrows, but hardly any with muskets. I guess because they don't shoot fast enough and are too loud for stealthy attacks. It's a bit different with strategy games, but there you are usually not really IN the battle, just floating above.

30. Cetric Junior Engineer

I am aware of a number of mods for M & B, but this project I have never heard about. Sounds interesting, as I am also playing 'Naval Action' you can imagine I like age of sail games as well. I will check this out, thanks for hinting! (NA is my advice for being the Caribbean naval combat you seem to have missed there in Blood & Gold: Caribbean - in return, in NA we find no landbased battles - it's early access too, right now in development)
    On an engineer side note: you can build ships in NA, though not with the freedom as we have it in SE concerning space craft. Blueprints are predefined. Wood choice decides speed, agility and resistance to cannon ball impacts. Plus a number of upgrades with bonuses for the ship. So if you like age of sail simulations, this is the one to check out. Can be played only when online, because it's multiplayer-based. The PvP is rather rough against the Pros, reviews on Steam give you a picture of beginner's frustration because of this, I advise to try out on their PvE server.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.