Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.6.4 Patch 1 - Minor Update

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Hello, Engineers!

We had an exciting week following the release of 0.6.4, and we see you have been enjoying the combat update as well! Many servers sprung back to life, and a lot of tournaments have been held in honor of the new combat mechanics. We have worked hard to tackle the most urgent issues as fast as we could, including an issue where all research was lost, or where structural integrity suddenly failed. And, of course, address the new crashes. Keep sending in those crash logs guys!

We also uploaded the stream to Youtube. The release stream had some internet connectivity issues in the beginning, so we had to edit it a little, but after the first half hour it stabilized and you can watch the stream again.

Today we also have a minor update to the game, addressing some of the issues that have been reported to us, such as the fact that barbarians didn't take priority during combat, or that unarmed players were prioritized over armed opponents. We're always reading your responses regarding the new systems, and we will continue to improve the combat mechanics as we get more feedback from the community.

Enjoy the update!

Changelog:
    - Flying out of the planet atmosphere now kills you again.
    - Admins are now always able to join their own server, even if it is full.
    - Advanced Fortifications quest was updated for the sticks requirement on large blocks.
    - Barbarians now take priority over players in targeting, and armed players take priority over unarmed/passive players.
    - Tools with valid target will now disable combat mode if combat mode is accidentally enabled through a missed swing.
    - Timber Stockpile's straw wheat requirement was changed to thatch, and the Civilian / Stockpiles quest was updated accordingly.
    - DS Configurator banned IDs list has been updated. When you put in several steam IDs and click save it will convert it to the new format.
    - A new death message was added for when you get hit by fast moving physics like the stone balls, it should say "Playername was smashed!"

Thanks,
    Keen Software House team

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  2. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Ed's not here yet?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Deadlines, tons of deadlines :c
    --- Automerge ---
    And... YAY update

• Like Like x 1
  4. Helaton Apprentice Engineer

I received an email update for the Big Combat update about an hour ago (looks like mailchimp) with the subject line: Medieval Engineers: Update 0.6.4 - Major Overhaul of Combat

However didn't display as an HTML Email, just as an ASCII (which showed all the html code). Just thought you guys should know!

5. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

I'm going to look into it today. I received one that was fine and I didn't know why they were displaying like that for some people. Then I received another one last night (no idea why I got two) and the second one was messed up. I was there when the first one was sent and it was fine. I don't know why a second one was sent, who sent it, or why it's messed up. Sorry for the confusion, I'll report back when I can figure it out.

6. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

And... YAY update
    Had one as well, i didnt trust it due to the name and the fact there was html and stuffs in it.
    --- Automerge ---
    Where did that "yay update" come from ô_õ

7. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

So it turns out the bad email was caused by drui's browser freezing when he clicked send. Sorry about that. You should receive a corrected email soon.
    The reason that I received two emails is that I'm on all of our email lists including multiple press lists so you guys should only get one, as far as I know.

8. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

I actually cant remember whether or not i received any email the past few updates.

9. Cetric Junior Engineer

Hello folks on the medieval front.
    In case you did not notice yet: we have one of the greatest mods ever in the workshop - and it is all about adding water (not a voxel looking like water, you actually dive into it... or swim... with boats, it features also wind and sails...). This is one of the most repeated wishes of the community for years; WATER! Check it out!
    Make a safety copy of your existing world, if you want to add oceans, rivers and lakes - or better, start a new world. Because I noticed the landscape/ height levels are changed dramatically when the mod is activated in an existing save, and it has the power to botch up your creations.

Don't want you to hate the mod for applying it without safety precautions, it is a game changer once you get into it! Comments on steam are exalting.
    'Peaceman' made this possible.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1503751972

And I think KEEN should consider implementing this into the canon, with consent of Peaceman.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Placing objects now replaces the grass texture with a dirt texture, right? You can use this to finally make your own paths in survival! No digging required, all you need is a timber!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Tuesday updateday questionmark

12. Grandpa Canuck Trainee Engineer

Agreed this Water Mod is supreme. We have been using it in a new survival world for a bit over a week...The sips we have created are great and add so much to the game. Be careful there are tides, wind changes and if not careful you will fall overboard and your boat will sail away on ya. come visit us at the True North Water.

13. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Nice water mod :woot:
    Also....
    TUESDAAAAAY.
    Tomorrow deadline day... I dont wanna

14. Cetric Junior Engineer

Workshop not only sports lots of ships recently, also theme-related parts pop up, like a cannon port mod by Stori3D (a bit off medieval, though, this started maybe under rule of Henry VIII Tudor).
    Unfortunately, we know already the 'official' KEEN answer to this water concept from the support forum: https://support.keenswh.com/medievalengineers/topic/the-obligatory-water-suggestion
    People like water so much they even propose returning to the old flat maps (also known here as legacy maps), for countering what is expected by KEEN to cause performance issues.
    --
    Maybe, as with planets before my time here, it needs some more campaigning until devs are ready to change their minds. We all know what benefit planets meant to SE attraction-wise, so here is the respective sexy lingerie for ME on the table... ;)