Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.6.4 Patch 4 - Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Hello, Engineers!
    Another year has flown by. 2018 has seen lots of improvements to the game, from the optimizations to player characters, allowing dozens of players on a single server, to a major combat overhaul, and some major improvements to the modding interfaces, allowing for fantastic mods like the Water mod and the Rails mod, it sure has been a ride.

Today we're adding the banners of the first and second place winners, WarNexxus and Ivan Cornelius, and re-enabling the Christmas Tree crafting recipe. You will be able to decorate your buildings with your own Christmas tree again! Also, we've fixed a memory leak that would lead to Havok switching off, creating what is known to the community as the "Simspeed Bug". And we polished the trash removal feature a little, to keep the servers happy over the new years celebrations.

Internally, we continue to work on 0.7, as well as celebrating the holidays with our friends and family, here in Prague, or for those of us who are going home, in their home countries.

Enjoy the update, and happy holidays from the Medieval Engineers development team, and all of the people working at Keen Software House! We will see you again next year!

0.6.4_xmas_updatev3.png

Medieval Engineers 0.6.4.41CED:
    - Added banner patterns and symbols of WarNexxus and Ivan Cornelius.
    - Patched a memory leak that would lead to Havok shutting down.
    - Updated the trash removal feature in Medieval Master.
    - Activated the Christmas Tree crafting recipe.

Medieval Engineers 0.6.4.1E649C:
    - Fixed another memory leak that would lead to Havok shutting down.

Thanks,
    Keen Software House Team

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  2. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

3. -=Ripps=- Trainee Engineer

Goodjob

4. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

CLANG BE PRAISED

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Thales M. Junior Engineer

This is a big thing.

6. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

Medieval Engineers 0.6.4.1E649C:
    - Fixed another memory leak that would lead to Havok shutting down.

• Like Like x 3
  7. catalina Trainee Engineer

windmills no longer can be placed in survival. I tried removing my mods but nothing worked

8. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Ooh... I missed updates D: i hate being busy boi forgetting stuff ;-;

9. Jananton Trainee Engineer

Thanks for all the goodies the past year guys, have a nice Christmas, or whatever you celebrate this time of year, and of course a happy 2019 to you all. ;)

10. Cetric Junior Engineer

Wish for 2019: Revival of forum activities in both ME and SE sections. Community needs to engage more in interaction here, telling of game experiences, posting their builds, asking questions, doing surveys...
    Sometimes I am really concerned when I compare present state with that of the time when I "got hooked".

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Understandable... I slowly lost ME from my sight as i became more occupied, not having played the game in months doesnt help much either

12. Kelvyquayo Trainee Engineer

Greetings folks.
    Just wanted to say great job on this game and keeping it updated.
    I've only JUST bought ME and SE and have yet to start SE because I am enjoying ME so much.
    I haven't created a forum account in years but I figured I would and let you guys know you are appreciated.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

I think the decline in community activity goes hand in hand with the decline in weekly updates. Back then, people would check at least once a week what's new in ME, and since they were already here, looked around what else was going on in these forums.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. boromir Apprentice Engineer

I believe it also is related to the launch of the new support site. Keen is able to get much more precise and concise feedback from the community so they don't need to be as engaged with this site - aside from Cpt Twinkie and Petr Barenick. The support site offers them exactly what they need and allows us to be informed with individual status updates (a feature rich Change Request System).

With SE nearing completion the notion of "ooo shiny!" seems to be a passed monumentous experience and now a fond memory. As mentioned above, the ME update frequency has gone from weekly to every six months (albeit with a major update). I certainly don't blame them for this as it offers them a lot more stability for development to deliver large updates (and admittedly makes water a now considerable possibility - weekly updates never would have given us something so large as water). These three things, IMHO, have contributed the most to quieting this site down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

today is a great day to toss us serfs an update!

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  17. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Thales M. Junior Engineer

Finally the time has come!

• Like Like x 2
  19. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

I hope this affects small grids as well... It's been a while since I last could build a proper wagon.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.