Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.114 - Planetary modding guides

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Administrator

Summary
    Merry Christmas, Engineers!
    Today’s update will help you to better understand the creation of planets. With step by step guides you can create your own planet, play with its atmosphere and if you want to delve really deep, you can completely change the look and feel with new trees and even modifying the voxel materials. Are you missing the lava planet? Do you want to recreate planets from your favorite sci-fi movies? With these modding guides, now you can create any planet you want easily and effortlessly!
    We have also created some example planetary mods to help you get started. You can find the links to the example mods and guides below.

Planetary modding guides:
    Planetary Modding Guide - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=566387835
    Modding guide for planetary flora - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=568303446
    Modding Guide for Voxel Materials - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=568406623

Official example mods:
    Changed voxel material Grass to blue (inc. foliage) - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=572647925
    Alien tree changed from red to blue - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=572666778
    Modded planet with a custom tree and blue grass: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=572570154

Planetary workshop category:
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=244850&requiredtags[]=planet

Fixes
    - implemented collector, connector and ejector sounds
    - fixed memory usage growing when game is running
    - fixed movement issues when small grid is attached to a large grid
    - oxygen tank lights are not shining
    - fixed client issue to teleport via Space Master
    - fixed piston sounds
    - fixed scrolling not working properly in scenario screen
    - removed strength slider from ejector GUI
    - fixed issue with stuck in spectator mode after selecting to spawn in ship
    - fixed wrong collision with character in single player

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 32
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Late Late x 1
  2. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

WOOHOOO:baby:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ac19189 Apprentice Engineer

wow didnt expect an update

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. ShadX 2 Trainee Engineer

Third!

I love these fixes! WOOOO

5. gimmilfactory Junior Engineer

Weee!!!!(I think)....Is that when it would just creep you along (shifting you in a random direction) without you actually moving any m/s; whenever you would get close to a small+large grid? Cus this happens to me alllllll the time...

It could mean that or the fact that stuff was just breaking; I wish this was more precisely clarified.

Happy Holidays!, Keen Community! ^_^

*Edit; yeah, no.....It doesn't fix at all what I would think it means. I still have me shifting in the world when small ship is attached to a large one, I twitch away until I get at least 3 meters away then it stops, anything closer and I twitch-shift in a direction, depending on my orientation to it.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  6. badmummy Trainee Engineer

7. Crazie Trainee Engineer

Ha, was just watching X-files then saw a notification of this update. Extremely earlier, probably due to its small nature, but still great nevertheless.

8. ronnsama Trainee Engineer

Great update, will be fun to see a ton of new ideas in the workshop. Btw, sneaky early morning update, trying to ninja us lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ulfsark Master Engineer

#th !

10. Lrj52 Apprentice Engineer

Nice! Time to make some planets!

11. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Happy Holidays Keen! Thanks for the early patchmas :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Lord Wraith Trainee Engineer

nice patch, now fix the bloody holes in planets so i stop falling into them,PLEASSSSEEEEE, PRETTY PLEASE (WITH A CHERRY ON TOP)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Shabazza Junior Engineer

Like it!

Why that? The scaling was a bit awkward. But it was a good idea. It helped me in some situations to be able to tone down the attraction power.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kira Apprentice Engineer

Appreciate the bug fixes even on the holidays. Go take a break now. Haha. You've done good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. pologoalie8908 Trainee Engineer

No concrete blocks yet? Aww oh well nice updates

16. Ulfsark Master Engineer

Ejector, not connector.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Ulfsark Master Engineer

boy, that didn't take long .....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. leewells2000 Apprentice Engineer

This update is unplayable. Welding = instacrash (dedicated server + all clients connected).

KSH needs to pull back from features and needs to start a pure bug roundup. We are past that point where adding more features doesn't matter because no one can experience those features, much like selling someone a car that's on the moon irl -- it could be the greatest car in the galaxy, but if we can't drive it, what does it matter?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Late Late x 1
  19. LordZnarf Trainee Engineer

Sounds great! :D

20. Ulfsark Master Engineer

So how about instead of complaining about in here, you make a bug report?

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  21. SweetPorkSlice Trainee Engineer

Please fix sim speed in DS.... or at least make it as it was before 1.112 patch.. you screw it up....

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  22. makromoo Trainee Engineer

Woot! Whoop! :) Fixes always nice :D. Extending modders' abilities always good ^_^

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. malteins Apprentice Engineer

NICE! Been waiting for this a long time.
    Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Stykat Trainee Engineer

I'm really glad for this update and curious about the memory fixes...... Happy Holidays to all of you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. BobbyHill Apprentice Engineer

happy holidays KSH

26. leewells2000 Apprentice Engineer

I'm not complaining, I'm stating a matter of fact, you know, much like a bug report. I'm not going on some tangent or flaming KSH for the bug. Beside the point, my last 4 well document (save, log, dxdiag) bug reports have gone unanswered.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  27. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

We need an 'early' rating here!

28. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

There's no early rating. We need a really early rating here actually. I wouldn't have seen this normally but a cold of mine woke me up coughing and I thought I'd check out what's happening.

29. Ulfsark Master Engineer

Posting about it in here IS a whining complaint as the devs don't read this. And certainly not the devs responsible for answering bug reports.

As for your bug reports, if it gets missed by Phand or whomever is answering the bug reports that day, mostly because of a flood of duplicate and bad reports, I don't think its unreasonable to bump it once in a while on a weekday, preferably early in the morning.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
  30. midspace Senior Engineer

Merry Christmas my fellow Space Engineers!

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.