1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Xbox Beta Multiplayer Issue

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by LilBunnyWunny, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. LilBunnyWunny

LilBunnyWunny Trainee Engineer

I started the beta a few days ago i was loving the game playing on a 3 person limit with my favorite friends we had a blast had absolutely no performance issues i am on a regular xbox and to my dismay they had an update this changed the game for us because consoles that were below a one x could not have more than 2 players implying buy the better console mlm to play with echother we had no issues we loved the game but this really hurt us it ruined our momentum and bliss we were feeling for playing for the first time ever all i ask is you let everyone play with 4 players just add a warning text that this may cause performance issues let me play with my friends dont take this away from us we love the game and want to play this but this change really puts a wrench in our plans

2. Stardriver907

Stardriver907 Master Engineer

The are some of us that remember the original Xbox that came standard with four controller ports (thus enshrining 2v2 as baseline PVP and 4 person teams for LAN PvP)(oh yeah, original Xbox had network ports so you could hook up two Xboxs)(Playstation only had two ports. Needed an adapter to have four friends play at once).

Microsoft realized that 4 people on a machine meant three people were going to someone else's house to play on an Xbox. They changed that so that essentially anyone that wanted to play on an Xbox had to have their own. Shut that LAN stuff down entirely. It was only after MASSIVE protest that Microsoft relinquished and allowed for split screen two player on the latest consoles.

I don't think Keen has a choice in this matter. No doubt the update was intended to optimize performance on the latest console plus the one about to launch, and the update is not supported on older consoles.

What I'm saying is yeah, it was on purpose, but yeah, Microsoft wants you to buy the latest console so if Keen wants to be on Xbox it has to work best on the latest machine and it has to make you buy a new Xbox if you don't have your own.

3. LilBunnyWunny

LilBunnyWunny Trainee Engineer

If ea and Bethesda can put out un finished content that hardly runs i doubt xbox is stopping them in any means

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.