Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Halloween Update 1.184.6 - Skin Crafting & Ghost Skin

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. flexx SE Asst. Producer Staff

Hello, Engineers! Today’s update comes with an exciting new addition - the Skin Recycler! With this, you can recycle your unwanted or duplicate skins and upgrade them to a new Badger skin! The recycler will give you recycle tokens for your old skin pieces, which you can trade in for new items of your choice. All of this is done in the character customization screen.

Space Engineer's fourth anniversary was this Sunday, and there's been a lot of speculation and excitement about it. However, today's update is not the anniversary update. We have been working very hard on the next major update which was originally scheduled to release today, but we decided to delay it for a few more weeks to give our team more time to perfect all the changes. This next update is seriously exciting, with some pretty huge changes. We want to make sure it's as good as it can possibly be before we release it, so please stay patient and start up the major update hype train :)

Another notable announcement is that for a limited time only you will be able to pick up a spooky new Halloween themed skin set for your Engineer. The Ghost skin will be available throughout the next week on the Steam Marketplace until the next update drops. If you’re interested, please see the link below. The funds raised from this will go back into development, speeding up the progress of our internal roadmap and helping to expand the talent in our team.

Ghost skin: http://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/244850

What is new
    • added Halloween skin
    • added recycle and craft feature
    Improvements
    • reworked thruster damage
    Now all blocks in thruster range are damaged at the same time.
    Thruster damage area is no longer cylinder but it is rectangular (faster computation, slightly larger volume of effect).

Important fixes
    • optimized performance issues related to particles
    • fixed sim speed drop when cargo ship spawns
    • fixed inventory desync (wrong values) when reconnecting during converting Ore into Ingot
    Other fixes
    • fixed issue with friendly and faction players are flagged as enemies
    • fixed components requirements for half block in Survival
    • fixed LODs for half blocks
    • fixed issue with projector not working properly with merge block
    • fixed modded LG not working when welded
    • fixed issue with modded turrets not stopping to fire
    • fixed collisions of modded advanced doors
    • fixed custom animations for cockpits
    • fixed tree reappearing after reload
    • fixed thruster damage not working on DS
    • fixed jump drive issue that it was able to jump farther than indicated
    • removed delay of camera from forced first person view
    • fixed sound block not working correctly in realistic sound mode
    Rexxar's Dev Blog

Hi everyone! This week I worked on some more projector issues. There were two issues relating to the projection not updating correctly.

The first issue was that when the projector was turned on and off rapidly, the projection would be stuck showing all blocks as buildable for a few seconds. This was a side effect of the parallelization of the projector that I did earlier this year. The problem was that when projections are first spawned, they show as 100% buildable, and since the projector only tries to update the projection every few seconds, it just stays like that until the worker thread notices something has changed. The solution was pretty simple, just hide the entire projection on first spawn, then force the worker thread to start processing the new projection as soon as possible. Additionally, projections now disappear as soon as you turn off the block, instead of sticking for a few milliseconds. The overall effect is a lot smoother now.

The second problem was trickier, and players to make automatic weapon factories may have noticed it. When a projection's only attachment point is a merge block, sometimes the projected merge block shows as buildable or not buildable depending on whether it's 'real' partner on the other grid is enabled. This is because when a merge block is disabled, the mount point on the front is also disabled. So you could get into a situation where the projected block looks like it's buildable, but isn't. I had to create a new event for merge blocks to alert other code when the mount point changes, then when the projector detects this event, it very politely asks its worker thread to update the projection immediately.

Hotfix 1.184.602
    • fixed Jump drive on DS
    • fixed Nanite Control Factory crash
    • fixed Industrial Cockpits crash
    Hotfix 1.184.603
    • fixed crash when starting the game
    Hotfix 1.184.604
    • fixed DS crash after joining

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 19
    • Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Late Late x 1
  2. anomalousreading Trainee Engineer

Yay! A Halloween update! How fun!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

Cool bugfixes guys! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Phoenix84 Junior Engineer

All emissive suit, I just wish it wasn't paid only.
    Still, it's a very nice suit. I love the custom face. I want more custom faces.... like a female or no-beard. Also the dead astronaut skull as a face.
    Thankfully with skin crafting, I don't have to worry about selling my old skins to get what I want.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Dataro_X Trainee Engineer

Great, new video!

6. Venom415 Trainee Engineer

"Now all blocks in thruster range are damaged at the same time.
    Thruster damage area is no longer cylinder but it is rectangular (faster computation, slightly larger volume of effect)."

Wait wait wait... so does this mean that anything in the way of the thruster now will cause damage, so we cant have fancy covers over thrusters anymore? wish there was a damage area visual we could see

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  7. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

Best part of the changelog. :tu:

Keep it up Keen. Take all the time you need to get it right!

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. gordon861 Apprentice Engineer

Click the Steam link and pay $5.

9. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

Sp00ky Scary Ghost-gineer! :D
    yeah! time to watch this video and be entertained
    I was hoping for the skeletal engineer we see in the missions!
    but still this is awesome.

ghost suit stats. :p
    -100 sneak
    -/+ you glow brightly impossible to hard in the dark
    + you've shown your support for space engineers
    + "hey who turned out the lights?"

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Whiskey2049 Trainee Engineer

Nice, keep it up. I have great expectations for the anniversary update

11. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Buying the skin. Happy to support you guys!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

Considering that the proceeds are going back into the development of the game, it's not that big of an issue to spend $5 on.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

It is pretty cool looking.
    I'm hoping we can get a skeletal faced engineer helmet or something like in the video. :p

I'd glady get that skin...maybe have it yellow colored as in hydrogen colored.
    as in sims 3 logic....the color of the ghost indicates the type of death.
    with mine usually being..ran out of hydrogen....died from that. :)

14. Roxette Junior Engineer

... and all clients crash at first action after successful connection to server.

Code:
    2017-10-26 16:58:13.590 - Thread:  1 ->  Raising event on object which is not recognized by replication: Default_Astronaut
    2017-10-26 16:58:13.740 - Thread:  1 ->  Exception occured: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at VRageRender.Animations.MyAnimationStateMachine.AnimationStateChanged(MyStateMachineTransitionWithStart transitionWithStart, MyStringId action)
      at VRage.Generics.MySingleStateMachine.NotifyStateChanged(MyStateMachineTransitionWithStart transitionWithStart, MyStringId action)
      at VRage.Generics.MySingleStateMachine.CursorStateChanged(Int32 transitionId, MyStringId action, MyStateMachineNode node, MyStateMachine stateMachine)
      at VRage.Generics.MyStateMachineCursor.NotifyCursorChanged(MyStateMachineTransition transition, MyStringId action)
      at VRage.Generics.MyStateMachineCursor.FollowTransition(MyStateMachineTransition transition, MyStringId action)
      at VRage.Generics.MyStateMachineNode.ExpandInternal(MyStateMachineCursor cursor, MyConcurrentHashSet`1 enquedActions, Int32 passThrough)
      at VRage.Generics.MyStateMachine.Update()
      at VRageRender.Animations.MyAnimationStateMachine.Update(MyAnimationUpdateData& data)
      at VRageRender.Animations.MyAnimationController.Update(MyAnimationUpdateData& animationUpdateData)
      at VRage.Game.Components.MyAnimationControllerComponent.Update()
      at VRage.Game.SessionComponents.MySessionComponentAnimationSystem.UpdateBeforeSimulation()
      at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.UpdateComponents()
      at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Update(MyTimeSpan updateTime)
      at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.UpdateInternal()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunSingleFrame()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedLoop.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Run>b__0()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunLoop()
      at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)
      at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.Main(String[] args)
    2017-10-26 16:58:13.746 - Thread:  1 ->  Hiding window

15. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

darn.... :/ how does SE servers handle updates? do they restart or something?~
    i remember how back in the minecraft days a server could be running an older version and would refuse connections from different versions..

16. DemeterHUN Trainee Engineer

No sensor fix! :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ondřej Nahálka Tester Staff

Thanks for this information. I will check it out.

Please provide the server IP.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

I'd imagine it means you can't have such 'tight' covers over thrusters, might need to leave a bit more of a gap around the flame cone than previously required to avoid damage. Look on the bright side though- at least they bothered to tell us this time, not like when they increased thruster damage distance and said nothing until we all flipped our sh*t and then just shrugged their shoulders and said 'yeah, we changed that- tough luck to all the builders who now have thousands of broken ships'....

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

What's wrong with the Sensors?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Darian Stephens Trainee Engineer

I'm wondering the same thing as Venom415. Does this mean, for example, having a layer of heavy armor on a landing pad, covering delicate components (Conveyors, batteries, etc), will no longer work to actually protect the components from a large enough thruster? Or did thruster damage never work like that to begin with?

• Agree Agree x 4
  21. Kaemmelot Trainee Engineer

Buying cool Ghost Skins for many bugfixes directly related to my recent gameplay problems?... Seems fair enough for me.

22. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

Thanks a bunch Keen:tu:

23. Arcwolf Trainee Engineer

So, I can recycle my many badger skins for a new badger skin?

lol :D

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Venom415 Trainee Engineer

so it seems my new ship (which was fine before with thruster damage on) is now injuring itself with the fighters in the hangar doing thruster damage from far away even though they arent even firing at all... keen what did you...

• Agree Agree x 6
  25. russo_bolado Junior Engineer

I'm not much into these cosmetic thingies, but I'll buy the skin. Happy to support!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  26. Echillion Senior Engineer

• reworked thruster damage
    Now all blocks in thruster range are damaged at the same time.
    Thruster damage area is no longer cylinder but it is rectangular (faster computation, slightly larger volume of effect).

SO, How big or rather what are the dimensions of the thruster rectangles for the various thrusters as of todays update please?

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. DemeterHUN Trainee Engineer

28. Beastion01 Trainee Engineer

Hey!

Server Update Fix Work in Progress?

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. Arkideit Trainee Engineer

Skin looks ugly. Realy like in a school classes of 3d.
    Anyway. Why we still don't have a proper AI? I remember a video looong time ago where ksh showed AI engeneer running on constructed grid. Where is all this? We have dum simple "seach and destory" AI function of drones (wolfes and spiders on planets).
    Where is story line? Don't send me to workshop i wanna to see a proper storyline from ksh.
    Where is trading? Plany of resources that can be exchanged between factions of player and AI.
    Where is the purpose of all this grinding and crafting? Right now we don't have any global target to reach, just make a world start to grind.
    Gameplay DIDN'T change since begining. You might say "they add planet", but still you need to drill, grind the planet. Nothing chaneged in global.
    Plus, planets still need optimisation and reworking and the major thing: a lot of gamers can't afford planet rendering.
    Game goes down hill. Seems that KSH spend all their profit on something else couse with 2.3 mln copies sold by steam its quite good money for further develpment, now they offer to by skins for real cash. Picture is realy sad.
    1127 hours of play. Bought in april 2014.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  30. beelzerob Apprentice Engineer

Wow, I like everything about this:
    • Keep baking the major update until awesome. Be warned though..you've built some major hype. I hope that means the update contains even more than what you've already teased us in the past months.
    • Recycling skins makes every gathered skin valuable. Win!
    • Pay for skins is an great idea...it's not a PAY4WIN, it's an optional way to continue to show our support and get something tangible in return. Combining that with limited edition skins I think is pretty smart. Nothing entices me to want to buy something like the chance I may not get to later....
    • Bonus mini Rexxar/Clang blog...excellent. This is probably one of the best things you guys started to do recently, because I know for sure the biggest gripe for years from the community is lack of feedback. Now we have ongoing feedback from a developer: "Yes, I'm aware of the problem and here is what I've found so far, and here are the potential solutions...".

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.