Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

(Lockable) Ropedrums & Ropes causing server crashes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by gesp_shad, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. gesp_shad Apprentice Engineer

Howdy Keen,

during the last days I had a really hard time constructing an elevator with an array of two axis and four lockable ropedrums on a dedicated survival server.

I will start at the very beginning.
    Because you don't know in which direction the ropedrum is pulling I had to test every single one, deconstruct it, try to rotate it in the right direction, connect the corresponding rope test it again and so on. This process became a huge pain because:

1. You don't know in which direction the ropedrum is pulling! Placing it in the right direction seems to be completely irrational.

2. If you do not detach EVERY single rope within this constraption after rotating the axis and before removing any part of one of the axis, the server will crash. As soon as I get the crashlog from the admin I will add it.

3. If you have detached all ropes and remove one part of the axis the other half goes crazy (see Screenshots). After you could manage to remove the glitching ropedrum the catch block will go back in place.

I reconstructed a similar elevator in creative mode. Here I was not able to reproduce the crashing issue.
    I was not testing normal ropedrums. Extended catch blocks were causing the same issues though (glitching + crashing).

Game version: 0.5.8.D9854B

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    --- Automerge ---

EDIT:

I recorded two videos while playing on the server.

While recording I remembered two more bugs:
    1. In the first video you can see, the ropes connected between the hand crank and the upper axis became "pseudo"-ropes. They are still visible but do not have any effect at all (except making the catch block glitch). To get rid of the ropes you have to remove the hooks.

2. The second bug I was not recording: Some times during the process I mentioned in the first post, it occurs that you cannot connect ropes between the ropedrum and the hook anymore. The workaround would be to remove the faulty rope drum again, which brings you in the circle of death once again.

Here you can see the server crashing when removing one part of the axis after the elevator was operating some time. (All rope drums were unlocked before, but I did not detach any ropes)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  2. zeronio Apprentice Engineer

Crashlog related to the Ropedrum issue

3. NacoChata ME Tester Staff

Hello guys,

thank for your help we will fix this ASAP. We apologize for any inconvenience.

4. gesp_shad Apprentice Engineer

Great!
    Is there any chance we could get some kind of indicator for the direction the ropedrums are pulling, soon?

5. NacoChata ME Tester Staff

Yes we have already some ideas ;)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.