Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Resolved] Game freeze at 100%

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Catsy, Jan 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Catsy Trainee Engineer

Hello,

I recently buy this game but I never manage to start it. I got the game freezing à 100 % during the loading.
    I try to follow the indications from this post without success: https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/freeze-after-load-or-create-a-game.7399065/

My PC spec:
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4590
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 960
    Mem: 8 GB

There is my MedievalEngineers.log:

And VRageRender-DirectX11.log:

Thanks for your help,
    Catsy

2. CptTwinkie Moderator

This doesn't seem to have crashed on Cone.mwm mesh but it is close. Since there is no additional information I'll consult with the team and get back to you.

3. Catsy Trainee Engineer

Hello,

I retry today with the last update. I have make a reinstall of the entire game and I have empty the folder in AppData.
    This time, I got the world staring to showing up, but it's freezing directly after.

By the way, I have no problem with Space Engineers.

Thanks again for your help,
    Catsy

4. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Check to see if there are Windows updates you can install.
    Recently resolved similar issue, log had same OS version.
    Environment.OSVersion: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

Updating fixed it, won't hurt to try.
    I run
    Environment.OSVersion: Microsoft Windows NT 6.3.9600.0

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  5. CptTwinkie Moderator

6.1 == windows 7 and 6.3 == windows 8.1. However, installing windows 7 updates is definitely recommended.

We have several reports of this happening. We're definitely looking into it. It doesn't happen on our test machines in the office so this might be a little tricky to solve.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Catsy Trainee Engineer

Indeed, I use windows 7 (6.1) and I'm up-to-date.

7. kejn ME Tester Staff

Hello,
    the update with potential fix is out. Please recheck the issue and let us know how is the situation.
    When it hits 99%, it can still take like 2 minutes or more to load the world, depends on how fast your PC is.

8. Catsy Trainee Engineer

Hello,

Sorry for this late update on this.

I retry recently (since the last update), but this time the game crash just after the world charging. I can see the environment but the game is freeze and I got a "not responding" message from Windows if I try to do anything.

Thanks again for your help
    Catsy

9. CptTwinkie Moderator

There should be a fix in the update being released today. Try it after the update.

10. Catsy Trainee Engineer

Hello,

It's still doesn't work...:(
    I arrive exactly at the same point.

Thanks again for your help
    Catsy

11. CptTwinkie Moderator

This is a little strange. The update yesterday specifically fixed the MyRenderComponentVoxelMap+TerrainWaitStep problem. Some people have reported a new problem, these bugs are coming from parallel threading optimizations. But the TerrainWaitStep but was supposed to be fixed.

And you are still getting all of those WARNING: Shader was not precompiled messages.

Everything is telling me that it's a shader compile problem that's causing this issue, but you said in your first post you followed the instructions to fix that.

12. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

Hi, we released a hotfix yesterday, I made some little changes to the loading process based on the data from your log. I also added some additional logging.
    Could you try it again and send us the updated logs? :)

We've been hunting this bug for a while now, you are not the only one affected by it. Thanks for bearing with us while we figure it out!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Catsy Trainee Engineer

Hello,

Sorry, I forgot to awser before...
    But it's still the same...

I may not clean the folder in AppData this time. I don't know if it's need or not but the result stay the same.
    This time I try to connect on a dedicated server.

Catsy

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  14. Sigi Trainee Engineer

Hello
    I had an exact same problem. I updated my GPU drivers, laptop CPU drivers, I tried updating DX, and I even applied some manual DX files to both game and system (I have a dll package that often fulfill game problems). It didn't worked and I had the same problem as you "Render thread> Mesh asset Models/Debug/Cone.mwm has no material in part 0". So I disabled my second graphic card completely in BIOS and run the game on CPU graphichs, which worked, but the amount of frames was similar to power point.

Then I went to my GPU-Z settings (had to update) > Advanced > DirectX 11 and find out that my GPU supports DX11 but does not support DX11.1 Then I went to my GPU website to check if that is correct and it was not, so I made a little research and what I found is that DX11 does not have full support in basic Windows 7.

Of course I found a simple workaround :D
    You have to download a "platform update" for Windows 7, which adds a support for DX11. (no it does not update to Windows 8 or anything, its just a minor improvement).
    Then it finally worked.
    I hope it will be helpful, if not here, then maybe for somebody else.

EDIT: Link to the update
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Catsy Trainee Engineer

Thanks you so much ! It's working ! :woot:

Thanks for your support ;)

16. Sigi Trainee Engineer

Developers I think you should copy or use my answer to the list of your solutions, I think more people may experience such a problem.

17. CptTwinkie Moderator

It was kind of already there. http://www.medievalengineerswiki.co...me_Won't_Start#UNSUPPORTED_GPU_.2F_DirectX_11
    I just added the Windows 7 part but it does say to install windows updates.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.