Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.185.4 - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Summary
    Hello, Engineers! Today's update brings you more improvements for our last major update. We have also improved jetpack behavior while flying on a moving ship for dedicated servers.

And if you are thinking about joining our Physics & Engineering Contest, now is your chance! Check the details at Marek's blog post: http://blog.marekrosa.org/2017/11/space-engineers-physics-engineering.html
    Because we are already in the process of switching to a new skybox, you can use it as well before it is officially released: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1208808693

185.4.jpg

Improvements
    • improved jetpack behavior while flying on moving ship on DS
    Fixes
    • fixed various random crashes
    • fixed crash during inviting through Steam interface
    • fixed loading crash when backup folder is present but empty
    • fixed re-enabling fullscreen using Alt+Tab
    • fixed issue being unable to use Enter key in the textfields (LCDs, programmable blocks etc.) after using Alt+Tab
    • signals are no longer hidden after cycling through them and re-enabling HUD
    • fixed various issues with Chinese input
    Hotfixes 1.185.401:
    • fixed game crashing due to MFAA and FXAA options enabled outside of the game
    Thanks!
    Keen Software House team

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

• improved jetpack behavior while flying on moving ship on DS
    yesss!

• Late Late x 1
  3. gordon861 Apprentice Engineer

What has happened to the survival update and the wheels update?

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Late Late x 1
  4. Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

Nice up date Again !!! but i guess i have to wait for the Randomly Exploding Light armor blocks to added !!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Richard N Flowers Trainee Engineer

The current skybox texure is a bit annoying. I would prefer something a bit darker and more toned down.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Forjo Apprentice Engineer

I've submitted four crash logs - can't get into our DS, can't open a saved game, can't create a new empty world. All crashes. :(

-Forjo

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Baltazar Exo Trainee Engineer

Crash on loading here as well, game that was running fine 10min before the update.

8. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, fairly sure the majority of active commenters have said that they really, really don't want that skybox- they would MUCH rather have the 'Space just got real' skybox as the default; because it doesn't look like pea soup.

No fixes for broken turrets yet?
    No official word or fixes for grid-mass related issues ( re: gyro strength halved )?

Glad to see the important issues being completely ignored as per usual, keep up the good work.

• Agree Agree x 9
  9. TheTargetObject Trainee Engineer

Question justified.
    But since the developer does not survive, why should he update it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Forjo Apprentice Engineer

I posted a bug report here.

-Forjo

• Like Like x 2
  11. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

What?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Roxette Senior Engineer

What?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Francesco Romano Trainee Engineer

Hey this update has completely screwed up my game, I can get into the home screen but when i load up a game it crashes. Since the update i've been getting in the crash log this ''Exception occured: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.''. I know almost certainly this was the update as it was working hours before it. I've never had this problem before. I've tried reinstalling the game and loading new worlds with and without mods. Even tried deleting game files the second time i reinstalled the game. Any help from an admin or anyone really would be much appreciated, Thanks!

14. Francesco Romano Trainee Engineer

Same problem here.

15. Anthlon Trainee Engineer

i am also looking forward to fix turrets (corpses shooting especially..)

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Roxette Senior Engineer

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. K Man Trainee Engineer

That Alt-Tab issue was TEARING ME APART

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi everyone,

Since today's update we are aware of an issue, where certain players are unable to join/load a world because of following exception:

"Exception occured: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

This issue has top priority now and we hope to solve it during tomorrow. It seems to affect some of nVidia Control Panel users. Until it will be fixed, we would reccomend to try to turn off FXAA and MFAA in nVidia Control Panel, it helped to some other players as can be seen here.

Sorry for these inconveniences.

• Informative Informative x 4
  19. damoran Junior Engineer

If I could make a small suggestion about the skybox:

Perhaps make 5 different flavors that are options when loading/creating the world map. I do like the new skybox but regardless of which one you go with it gets stale after a while. I'd definitely use them all.

1. Deep Black space with minimal objects for the purists out there
    2. Milky way skybox for the homebodies
    3. Existing colorful skybox for those that like it
    4. New re-mastered alpha skybox for that retro SE atmosphere
    5. something with different colors from all above (see Caldari Skybox, #3 popular all time on WS)

• Like Like x 6
  20. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

As long as I can get the skybox I want from the Workshop, it really doesn't matter to me what skybox Keen goes with.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Late Late x 1
  21. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

So maybe i'm running behind, but what does this mean?

22. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Ok, I am asking because I wonder what is going on. In my survival world, pistons, rotors and wheels are as buggy as ever.
    - wheels jumps up and down, also causing this irritating rattle.
    - rotors has a loud bang noise every 1/2 a second, gets old fast.
    - piston, the heads always detach, and also shake.
    - landing gear on a rotor, the whole thing shakes so much that the rotor head eventually detach and the whole ship goes into deep space if nothing stops it. If something is in its way, the force at which the ship is propulsed usually means instant annihilation on contact.

Do I have to start a new world, am I cursed? Thought the video said this was things of the past. Am I missing something? I report bugs but guys, I want to be patient but it is kind of useless trying to find new bugs when you're stopped by old ones.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Cetric Junior Engineer

OK, I am warned. Since I have a NVidia card, I will not load any world before tomorrow saw a hotfix.

24. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

I will answer your question by quoting your own post a matter of hours ago:

:) Oh sweet irony...

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

I can not launch a world without crashing:
    Code:
    Exception occured: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
      at GFSDK_Aftermath_SetEventMarker(GFSDK_Aftermath_ContextHandle__* , Void* , UInt32 )
      at NativeAftermath.MyAfterMath.SetEventMarker(IntPtr context, String marker)
      at VRage.Render11.GeometryStage2.PreparePass.MyPreparePass.Perform(MyRenderContext RC, List`1 visibleInstances)
    Every single time. This is infuriating.

• Late Late x 1
  26. Digdug83 Trainee Engineer

Try turning off MFAA/FXAA as per this thread.

27. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Nvidia 980TI, loaded my game fine. However, couldn't stand this muffled sounds like you have shoes in the dryer while your head is under water, all because my small ship has 5 rotors. Annoying as hell.

Take out the rotors, all is fine. Can't stand this noise any more. got out the game in less than a minute. Maybe next week.
    --- Automerge ---
    Taken out of context. You must be employed by CNN.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  28. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

It isn't on to begin with.
    [​IMG]
    EDIT: I just restarted my computer and now it works. :| Literally none of my settings changed. These are the worst kind of bugs, the ones you can't track down.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  29. Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

How is his (or your) reply out of context? you're lamenting on bugs present that as per Early Access might or might not reappear yes they said it should be fixed that doesn't mean it will be fixed for everyone and as the testers we need to let them know if there are issues
    --- Automerge ---
    I agree entirely skybox now and proposed look glaringly off. When I look up at the night sky (yes I do it quite often) I don't see a single nebula let alone see them surrounding our system considering this is in our system (going by earthlike having wolves and mars) in a not so distant future i'd like to have a more believable atmosphere(or lack of) and just include Space just got real.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

• Baiting / Hostile
    No, not taken out of context at all- you must have trouble reading. I complained about turrets being broken, you told me that the game was still in development & that I should be patient & wait for it to be fixed.

You complained about rotors and pistons being broken, I told you ( by quoting your own post ) the game was still in development & that you should be patient & wait for it to be fixed.

Please explain how I took your quote out of context? Go on, I dare you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.